I am passionate about good ideas and beautiful form-following-function design.
Born and raised in Vancouver, I grew up loving art and computers. It was natural that I gravitated towards graphic design as a career, but it was only after attending Capilano College’s IDEA program that I really knew this was the career for me.
Good ideas are puzzles solved in an original way (and I love a good puzzle). Good ideas imitate life – they reveal relatable truths in an insightful way. Really great ideas can inspire life.
As a designer, I’m meticulous about the details without forgetting about the big picture. I get really excited about new briefs with new problems to solve.
I especially love working on branding, packaging, advertising, and making information easy to digest through design, no matter the platform. So satisfying!
My experience at a smaller agency has given me many opportunities to do a wide variety of work, I love learning and do so quickly.
• Eating ramen for the first time ever in Japan
• Reading the comments from Evil Spirit’s 30,000 Tumblr reposts
• Going on a six-week Europe tour with a band as the merch girl
• Getting a One Show merit for Hatchet Lager identity
• Rock the Bells at the Gorge in 2008 (amazing line up)
• Seeing diehard Brewhouse Beer fans literally wearing my packaging
• Catching fish as a kid during my summers spent in Newfoundland
I love travelling to see how the typography changes. I love picking up new information (thanks, Wiki). I love wandering places I’ve never been before as much as places I know well. I love nature, this planet, and think the universe is pretty damn cool. I love trying new flavours. I like good music, painting, beating video games (the old ones), creating things with my hands, cards, people-watching, and listening to stories.